- Posted September 25, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
My End Point
a childhood of Bangladesh (BHOLA DISTRICT)
Several problems and challenges were found to solve or mitigate any problem of Bhola District:
Problems and challenges
• Very secluded area
• Religious ideology like as HIJAB
• Unexpected irregular Iron pill supply chain
• Extreme poverty with hazardous climatic territory
• Appropriate messages and actions should be promoted using a multi-channel strategy that also involves private and civic partners.
• The media, non-government organizations, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations and companies can play a crucial role to reach families with appropriate messages and actions on healthy maternal, infant and young child feeding.
• Community involvement and ownership is crucial to overcome cultural barriers to recommended maternal, infant and young child feeding practices.
• They are also crucial in promoting the use of preventive routine services like Iron-Folic Acid supplementation for pregnant women, bi-annual de-worming for children aged 12-23 months and Vitamin A supplementation for children aged 6-23 months.
• Appropriate messages and actions should be promoted using a multi-sector strategy that involves different sectors like health, education, women and children welfare, production, trade and manufacturing.
• Nutrition is a cross-cutting issue that cannot be dealt by the health sector alone. So increasing all level of political and local key person is most important issues.