- Posted October 11, 2012 by
- U.S. Embassy Condemns Attack in Kabul May 24, 2013 (English and Dari)
- CRU commender of adraskan of herat provnice has been killed today
- ISAF CONDEMS THE BOMBING IN BAGHLAN PROVINCE
- ISAF STATEMENT ON MEDIA REPORT OF 500 -1,000 INSURGENTS IN HELMAND ATTACKING CHECK POINTS
- RC-East operational update | May 20
Afghan Troops of the 207th Corps disrupt Insurgents Groups in Ghor Province of Western Afghanistan
Afghan Troops of the207th Corps disrupt Insurgents Groups in Ghor Province of Western Afghanistan
Herat, October 8th, 2012 – Soldiers of the 1st Brigade/207th Corps of the Afghan National Army achieved successfully Operation ‘Naweed-7’, aimed at disrupting the Insurgency in Ghor, the east-most province of Western Afghanistan.
‘Naweed-7’ was conducted over two weeks in the Districts of Do Layna and Pasaband with the support of ISAF special assets.
According to Afghan National Army operational reports, heavy casualties were inflicted to the Insurgents operating in the area, who suffered 46 losses and had 21 individuals wounded, while the First Brigade lost two soldiers and five more were injured in a series of clashes.Moreover the Afghan Troops seized 350 x 7,62 mm rounds and disposed 25 Improvised Explosive Devices.
‘Naweed’ is the codename (in Dari language it means ‘good news’) of the operational framework the single tactical operations are developed in. Following the Security Force Assistance concept, ISAF Military Advisoring Teams (MATs) took part into ‘Naweed-7’ shoulder to shoulder with Afghan Unit Commanders