- Posted October 12, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Eye on Lebanon
- The family of Tarek RABAA disclosing a scandal in Lebanon
- The trial of Tarek Rabaa continues with "Challenge"
- The voices raise in Lebanon “Release Tarek Rabaa”
- Mr Tarek Rabaa health has deteriorated in jail and the head of the military court wonders the absenteeism of Alfa CEO
- Tarek Rabaa family criticizes the selective release of the suspected spies in Lebanon
After one month on the getaway, the security forces in Lebanon discover three detainees escape Roumieh prison
According to security sources, forces from the Army Intelligence went to Roumieh prison to meet with Mamdouh Fallah but they did not find him. This led the security forces to count the prisoners, revealing that three were missing. The sources also reported that Mamdouh Fallah was killed during clashes in the town of Qusayr, Syria.
It has been revealed that those 3 prisoners have escaped Roumieh prison since one month, yet the internal security forces didn't discover that until calling the prisoner Mahmound Fallah who was missing.
Observers consider the late discovery of such escape as a strong indicator on the security forces' weakness, and they wonder how those security forces had previously pretented their ability to discover spying networks but in fact they were not able to know how or when the prisoners managed to stage the getaway from the high-security Roumieh prison...
Once again, this is a scandal to add to the register of the Internal Security Forces headed by the general Ashraf RIFI.