- Posted October 14, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Home and Away: Remembering the fallen
And I quote one of Pat’s college coaches “Pat had a strong dislike for the easy way out”. I strongly believe that quote says it all. Pat was a young man of strong conviction and tended to back up his conviction by taking the high road. I personally love how this guy led his life and protected the lives of others.
None of us really knew him so who are we to judge and say false things. However, I did become enamored in Pat and tried my best to learn and pick up what I felt was truthful. Here is a short list:
• Extremely bright and well read
• Physical stature that was truly developed from hard work and doing more than most off the field
• Took on challenges most people fear
• Adored his wife and his immediate family (fiercely loyal to the people in his life)
• Was true to anyone who became close to him as a friend
• He was not huge but he hit other players like he was the rhino on the field.
I could write a ton more, however I want to stick to the truth and it is all above in that list. The US also did a wonderful job covering up a HUGE mistake. They certainly did not protect Pat or his family. Funny how Pat signed up to protect the country and the country did not protect him.
Pat—you deserved better and so did your family. I personally am very sorry things turned out the way they did. I feel for you and your family every day even though years have gone by. The painful memory of what happened to you needs to be expunged beyond the ways it has. Not a day goes by where I don’t look in the sky hoping you will look back.
By Bradley D. Weisman
Approved by Edison Nation www.edisonnation.com