- Posted October 18, 2012 by
- “STUDY ON RETROGRADATION-RETARDATION TECHNOLOGY AND PHYSIOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES OF SEVERAL COMMERCIAL RICE FLOUR” in EuroFoodChem XVII
- The Science of Rice Starches and Korean Rice Cake
- Korean traditional rice cake meets “Convenience”, “Nutraceutical”, “Retrogradaion-retardation technology”
- Today, let me introduce Korean traditional season food “Tteokguk”.
- Korean fermented Kimchi reduces body weight and high blood pressure.
Healthy, Gorgeous, and Jump into the world….Korean style dessert
Hardness, as a main parameter of texture profile, of mugwort-rice cake(adapted with retrogradation-retardation technology developed by Dr. Gwi-Jung Han et al., in RDA, Korea) were maintained lower than 1,000g up to 3 days under the storage at room temperature. Moreover, the nutraceutical functions (related with anti-hypertension) of ethanol extract of mugwort was shown 24% ACE inhibition activity (compared with control) and fibrinolytic activity at the concentration of 1mg/mL. Results suggest that not-harden mugwort rice cake can be expected to application for functional rice cake which ameliorate gluten allergy such as nausea, diarrhea, or abdominal pain.
It has been conducted to supply more scientific information for standardization of preparation method of round-shaped rice cake made from non-waxy rice and determine the standard for manufacturing procedure adapted with retrogradation-retardation technology for globalization of Korean rice cake as gorgeous dessert.
Jump into the WORLD
The results obtained from the study can be applied to the rice industry through transfer of technical know-how. It is also expected to get positive response in terms of its industrial application for the production of wheat-subsitute food and convenient type rice cakes. Some adoptors of the "retrogradation-retardation technology" have increased sales of their products in the global market.