- Posted October 18, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Election 2012: Your stories
Romney's "Plan" oh, just a "Proposal"
1. Achieve energy independence on this continent by 2020. Now he wants to preside over the continent? Not just us?
2. Open new markets, but “confront” China for unfair trade practices, cheating and “stealing” American jobs! I kid you not, Mr. Romney is still vested in companies that are sending jobs to China. He practically invented this profitable practice. That’s why he can’t publish his tax returns, because those would show the truth. What is he hiding? And what does he mean by confronting?
3. Provide Americans with better skills, job training (and retraining) programs, education. LOL This is most certainly being done now, quite effectively, I have personal experience with family member who took advantage of opportunities and came out on top of things.
4. Reduce the Deficit by “making government smaller”. Really? How will he enforce his new restrictions on abortions and gay rights? How will he deal with doing away with Obama/Romney Care? How will he deal with the increasing number of children born, because there will be no birth control either!
How will he deal with child care issues for people (women mostly) who can’t afford to work, because daycare is out of reach for them. How would he deal with doing away with everything Mr. Obama has already done and then some? Don’t you think that all this will cost tax dollars? To top it, the money, as stated, will not come from the top 1% (they will get more cuts). No way, where will it come from? He will probably have to do away with the tax breaks for the Middle Class, which Mr. Obama has fought to keep going. How will he convince “47%” of Americans to forgive him for the offensive language he used at a fundraiser event. How will he deal with the cost when he starts another war, this time against Iran? I am running out of breath….
You know how? He won’t. This entire fourth point is only there to try and lure the Middle Class onto his side. He is known to twist things and to reverse himself depending on whom he is talking to. At best, he is dreaming and his hand will hit the headboard and he will wake up forgetting the whole dream. At worst, he is deceiving the public. He has no plan. His numbers don’t add up and he finds it unimportant to explain himself. Trust him at your own risk.
5. The last is encouragement for Small Business. He will lower taxes “across the board”, which, of course includes them, how nice. Mr. Obama is already fighting for lowering taxes for them, but also for getting everyone to share the burden evenly. We already know that if the very wealthy would pay their fair share of taxes and if corporations would not receive subsidies (if they don’t need it), we would be just fine. There is a lot in place right now for small business to flourish, but some patience is required. We are a nation of creative, enterprising people and new avenues are pioneered and opened all the time. Trickle Down Economy has not worked in the past, don’t expect it now. Mr. Obama wants to create incentives for corporations to invest in America, to employ Americans and to spend more of their money here, but the Republicans have sworn to make it their business to “remove” Mr. Obama. In this effort they have turned on the American people and resisted every move and compromise offered by this administration.
Obscene amounts are spent on the “removal” effort. So much is spent by all involved, we could eradicate poverty here. Republicans have signed a pledge prepared by Grover Norquist to speak and act in unison, thereby giving away their prized claim on individuality only to elbow and cheat themselves into power. Trust them and you will pay the price. One thing I assure you of, the government will not get “smaller”, will not become less intrusive, but much more intrusive with Romney.
Addendum: As for the bad name attached to bureaucracy, think corporate bureaucracy. Same thing.