- Posted October 20, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Election 2012: Your stories
- YOUR FAMILIES FUTURE MAY LIE IN SENATOR TOOMEY'S HANDS
- FIVE OF SIX KEY SEQUESTER DECISION MAKERS WHO THREATEN TO DRASTICALLY IMPACT OUR FUTURE.
- HOW THE SUPERRICH ARE SCREWING THE REST OF US BY TURNING DECADES OF OUR LOSSES INTO THEIR GAINS.
- REP. PHIL GINGREY, M.D., R-GA. JUSTIFIES U.S. SENATE CANDIDATE, REP. TODD AKIN, R-MO. POSITION ON LEGITIMATE RAPE.
- BOEHNER & McCONNELL WILLING TO RISK COLLAPSE OF US & WORLD MARKETS & ECONOMIES.
MORE REPUBLICAN VOTER FRAUD!
VIRGINIA VOTER REGISTRATION DESTRUCTION LEADS TO ARREST!
An arrest has been made Thursday in the Republican voter registration fraud scandal. The "LA Times" reported that a man who was being paid to register voters by the Republican Party of Virginia was arrested October 18th after he was seen dumping eight registration forms into a dumpster. These forms were allegedly voters who did not register as Republicans.
According to the "Times", Colin Small, 31, was working as a supervisor as part of a registration operation in eight swing states financed by the Republican National Committee. Small, of Phoenixville, Pa., was first hired by Strategic Allied Consulting, a firm that was fired by the party after suspect voter forms surfaced in Florida and other states.
The owner of a store in Harrisonburg, Va., told a local television station that he became suspicious when he saw a car with Pennsylvania plates dump an envelope in back of his store. He recovered the envelope and alerted authorities.
Strategic Allied is owned by Nathan Sproul, an Arizona political consultant for Republicans whose companies have faced charges in past elections of submitting forged forms and of dumping Democratic registrations. Sproul continues to do get-out-the-vote work for conservative causes this election.
“We can’t speculate what happened in Virginia,” said David Leibowitz, a spokesman for Sproul, adding that the firm was fired on Sept. 28. “Anything that happened after that did not happen on Strategic Allied’s watch,” the Times reported.
The scandal started in at least 10 Florida counties, and then grew to North Carolina, Colorado, and Nevada. It now appears the registration fraud is much more widespread. The registration “drive” has been successful because Republicans have out-registered Democrats in Florida and North Carolina—at least among the registration forms actually turned in.
When they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar in Florida and Colorado, the Republican Party fired Sproul and his company and cancelled what was left of their $2 million dollar contract to register Republicans. The Party publically acted surprised and outraged that their registration contractor would resort to such things.
Party officials said they had a “zero tolerance” for such activities. Mitt Romney has been silent.
However, it is now apparent that despite the “firing’, the crooked registration activities continue. When Mr. Small was arrested in Virginia, the party repeated its “zero tolerance” defense. The problem is that zero tolerance message has not yet made it to the streets. Maybe someone forgot to click send on the e-mail.
A criminal investigation is continuing in the 10 Florida counties and in Colorado. It is not likely that any conclusion will be reached before the election.
The irony of this is that Republicans have been screaming about voter fraud and accusing Democrats as being the ones doing it. Their protests were just a smoke screen to keep watchful eyes off of themselves. They are the ones doing the election fraud.
Meanwhile, no one knows how many people have been falsely registered as Republicans nationwide. No one knows how many Democrats thought they registered to vote but their forms never reached the Elections Office. This could be tragic if the election comes down to a few hundred votes like it did in 2000. No one will have confidence in the results if Romney wins since the cheating has been documented.
It is a sad day when a political party wants so badly to take over the White House that they will use any means necessary including fraud to achieve that goal.
POLL WATCHER TRAINING BY TEA PARTY CALLS FOR BREAKING THE LAW.
One of the worst rightwing ideologues in the Party-formerly-known-as-Republican, Congressman Steve Pearce from downstate New Mexico supported all of this crap even though he knows it’s illegal:
“We’re simply saying that we’re going to start, we’re going to take it back it into our hands,” said Pearce. “We should check for ID since you have to show an ID to do anything in America.”
He did, however, admit that doing so would be against the law…
A Democratic-leaning political group on Thursday criticized poll-challenger training by an Albuquerque-area Republican official, saying there was misinformation about voter-identification requirements and provisional ballots that could be used to suppress turnout in the general election.
ProgressNow New Mexico released secretly recorded video of the training done last week by Sandoval County GOP vice chairwoman Patricia Morlen, a tea party activist.
“This is a how-to guide to voter suppression, and many of their instructions are in blatant contradiction to state law,” said Pat Davis, executive director of the political group. “People trained by the GOP to ‘protect’ our elections will wreak havoc on our elections and so frustrate voters that many will simply give up and go home.”
Those attending the session were given written materials and were told that voters can be required to show a physical form of identification if that’s requested by two polling place officials from different political parties. Trainees also were told that provisional ballots will be required for the nearly 178,000 registered voters who received mailings from elections officials that could lead to them being purged after the 2014 election.
PLEASE VOTE FOR PRESIDENT OBAMA TO:
• Protect the rights of all citizens to vote without harassment or intimidation, and to preserve the right of all citizens to vote without being disenfranchised or purged from the eligible voter lists.
• Prevent the Personhood Bill from becoming law. This would criminalize all abortions, and put women and her doctor in jail while the rapist goes free UNLESS IT WAS FORCIBLE RAPE AS OPPOSED TO LEGITIMATE RAPE!
• Preserve the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act that guarantees women equal pay for equal work.
• Enact the Dream Act which would create a pathway to citizenship for thousands of young students who were brought to the United States years ago as children.
• Restore World respect for our country. Kofi Annan, author of “Interventions-a-Life-in-War-and-Peace”, informed Rachel Maddow that the unnecessary Iraq war increased disrespect of the United States worldwide. He then stated that President Obama is helping to restore the lost respect.
• Save Obama Care from replacement with a voucher program.
• Save pre-existing conditions.
• Keep children on their parent’s health insurance plan.until age 26.
• Maintain Pell grants for students.
* Close the increasing gap by making the rich and super rich bear their fair share.
NOW, GET OUT AND VOTE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE