- Posted October 22, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Final presidential debate: Unanswered questions
Mitt Romney timeline on foreign policy during campaign.
I KNOW Romney will wear out his flip flops tonight so here are some of his positions and things he has talked about during this campaign.
From the article
– Romney refuses to condemn Rep. Michele Bachmann’s (R-MN) widely criticized anti-Muslim witch hunt. Bachmann claimed that a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is part of a Muslim Brotherhood plot to infiltrate the U.S. government. [8/3/2012]
– A top Romney adviser falsely claims sanctions aren’t slowing Iran’s nuclear progress. [8/16/2012]
– A foreign policy adviser to Romney’s running mate Paul Ryan calls on Congress to authorize war with Iran. [8/21/2012]
– A Romney foreign policy adviser says the campaign hasn’t had “a big conversation” about diplomatic efforts to end the Iranian nuclear crisis. [8/27/2012]
– Top Romney foreign policy surrogate Condi Rice can’t name a specific Obama foreign policy failure. [8/29/2012]
– Romney campaign chair Tim Pawlenty says Romney’s call to zero out foreign aid is “directionally not correct.” Pawlenty also said he supports Congress authorizing war with Iran. [8/30/2012]
– Romney spends just 202 words on foreign policy during his Republican National Convention speech. Most of Romney’s foreign policy claims were false and misleading. [8/30/2012]
– Bill Kristol attacks Romney for ignoring the war in Afghanistan and the military in his speech to the Republican National Convention. Romney later addressed the criticism, saying, “When you give a speech you don’t go through a laundry list, you talk about the things that you think are important.” [8/31/2012]
See more here