- Posted October 23, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Final presidential debate: Unanswered questions
YES TO OBAMA, NO TO ROMNEY
Looking at the US election polls, this country seems to be on the way to another Bush-Time, which would mean, that unfortunately America has not learned from former mistakes. Don´t you remember, that Republicans have lead the nation into several wars, several crisis, into higher unemployment and more middle-class poverty. The only people capitalizing from Republican politics have always been and will always be the super-rich 1%, not the other 99% of Americans. So it is really hard to understand why these 99% should have any reason to elect a Republican at all, be it Bush, McCain or Romney, it will always be the same story, told over and over again and again over the decades...!
Just think back to the year 1992: Republican George Bush (father) handed over a huge national deficit and a high unemployment rate to Democrat Bill Clinton, who really managed to change everything: he brought down the deficit to ZERO, even gained a PLUS, and unemployment went down to a record low of only 3%, creating 23 million jobs in 8 years... what a good time for America in the 1990ies !!!
Then came Republican George W. Bush (son), winning the 2000 election in a very controverse way against Democrat Al Gore. Bush de-regulated everything on the financial market, leading directly to the 2007 financial crisis. He engaged in 2 wars, of which at least Iraq was an unnecessary, unjustified adventure, and soon the shit began. Because of these mistakes unemployment was rising, millions lost their jobs and homes, and the national debt went up, too. Bush really destroyed everything, Bill Clinton had built up in 8 years...!
In 2008 Barack Obama inherited a destroyed economy and it was clear from the beginning, that „cleaning up after the Republican dog“ would not be easy. But Obama managed to handle the crisis well with aid packages for economy and banks, and tougher laws for market regulation. He also saved the whole US auto industry (250,000 jobs) and created another 4-5 million new jobs in 4 years, which, is a great record, regarding the crisis. Unemployment is also down to 7.8% now (September 2012) and it looks like a further drop!
Barack Obama has achieved so much in his first 4 years: introducing healthcare for all Americans, ending the 2 Bush wars, making America safer by the killing of Bin Laden, and there is much much more...!
And today in 2012, exactly those Republicans, who undemocraticly blocked almost eveything during Obama´s first term, refer to the high national debt and unemployment – what a bigotry !!!
People saw a smiling and aggressive Mitt Romney in the first tv debate, but this was a fake. A big mouth Texan will never solve the problems of this country (Bush was another example...) His only plan is to become president and make the rich even richer. This millionaire, who pays less taxes than a worker, does not understand the common people in the middle class. He twists reality and facts to his own advantage, and too many people like to believe in his lies.
I hope, that Barack Obama´s political achievments will be honored at the election. He really deserves a second term to restore an America, as wealthy and strong as Bill Clinton´s America of the 1990ies. I would hate to see another Bush-copy tear this nation down into another crisis. So all Democrats, and undecided voters, too, make it happen a second time, saying „YES WE CAN AGAIN“...!
OBAMA VICTORY MAP HERE: