- Posted October 26, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
'Superstorm' Sandy: Your stories
Hurricane Sandy Damage In The Bahamas
. I wish not to be identified , I did not take the photos but they are public on face book. Search Facebook >Bahamas Press and anonymous media site. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bahamas-Press/106020342787256?fref=ts
Also on facebook ZNS News.com National News station. http://www.facebook.com/pages/ZNS-Newscom-The-Official-Page/248934135146821
Hurricane Sandy effects on Nassau, Bahamas, while we did not experience the full fury of this storm like other Islands in The Bahamas have we experienced some damage and flooding due to major storm surge.
These Images are not mine but are circulating Facebook and local media pages and being publicly shared.
1. Shows a Downtown Shore side Restuarant battered by waves.
2. Shows a Shell Gas Station near the beach covered in thick sand.
3. Shows A Police Patrol Car stuck in the sand after being hit by a wave while on Patrol
4. Persons escaping their homes after they were flooded by storm surge