- Posted October 28, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Building Collapse in Bangladesh Leaves Scores Dead
- Senseless Act on Resilient City of Boston
- Shahbagh Projonmo Chottor Protester (Rajib Haider) Killed – Moment of Silence Observed in all parts of Bangladesh
- Shahbagh Projonmo Chottor Protester – 100s of thousands of protester signed their name demanding the capital punishment for all accused war criminals of the 1971
- Outraged Protesters Continue sit-in at Shahbagh
FL Early Vote 2012
KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT ACTION IS A VIOLATION OF YOUR FAITH
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” – Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776. Thus began our American democracy, which gives each one of us the right to choose our public officials. Voting is one of the most important rights and responsibilities that we have as American citizens. It is a right that many had to give their lives for. It is right that many people around the world are deprived of. Count your blessings and exercise one of the most cherished duties of being a citizen of these United States of America, our home.
At a time when you have to ban political talk from dinner with the in-laws, when yelling and interrupting make for good TV, when lying and deception make for effective campaigning and when websites are taken over by angry, hateful trolls, how can we even talk about important public issues? And if we can't do that, how can we progress as a democratic society and community?