- Posted November 11, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
What’s your secret spot in Beijing?
Chinese culinary culture
Chinese dishes are delicious, but during our tour, we had them for lunch and dinner almost every day for two weeks. To be honest, towards the end, we started feeling fed up. Regardless of that, I found some foods unique and interesting. The following are the ones.
1. Peking Duck : Well prepared, well cooked and well served. Not much fat and delicious
2. Insects grilled at Beijing’s Wanfujing Shopping Complex : The Chinese are renowned for eating any creature that has four legs but I found they even eat the creature that has many legs. Unfortunately I could not try on this food.
3. Xi’an’s noodles : The photo shows a chef making noodles at Terracotta Warrior Museum restaurant in Xi’an
4. Suimai shop in Yu Yuan Garden Shopping Mall : As the piled up bamboo steamers show, people are lining up for suimais of this shop.
5.&6. Barbecue pork and steamed rice with chicken in leaf in Zhujiajiao Water Village : Selling so many…are there enough customers?
7. Moon Cake for the moon festival. People were lining up at the shop in Guangzhou. I wanted to buy some to take back to Australia but because of the egg yoke in the cake, I had to give up. The Australian customs do not allow.