- Posted November 11, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Veterans in focus
- Makia Smith you definitely have more sense than many Black elected officials, black lawyers, multiple members of the Congressional Black Caucus, many Black police officers, and misguided Black nationalists!
- It would not be surprising in the least to find that 2nd District LA County Supervisor Mark Ridley Thomas is remaining silent because the criminal and unethical administrators/employees of Teen Happy Homes are his friends!
- There is not a Constitutional protection more important to the essence of what it means to be a U.S. citizen, than the opportunity to lawfully make a living, to have access to competent representation in a lawyer, an elected official!
- The LA Times article doesn’t disclose that past and present Black elected officials disgrace the office, and bend over backwards to serve personal friends and/or illegal aliens at the expense of the rights of U.S. citizens and legal immigrants!
- Good for You Michael Dell. As an Inner-City resident and property Owner, I’m 100% in favor of Keeping Proposition 13 Intact to Keep Greedy Government Bureaucrats from Taking Advantage of Taxpayers and Property Owners!
A Mountain of Gratitude to All Veterans on Veterans Day or any Other Day. This Should be a Strong Message to All Elected Officials to Follow Your Lead, to Step Up to the Plate Like Our Many Veterans Have Done, Day in and Day Out!
Veterans, especially the many veterans who have made such a great sacrifice during the American Revolutionary War, American Civil War, WWI, WWII, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, Desert Storm, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc., etc., deserve nothing but praise, respect, and admiration.
A mountain of gratitude to the many veterans have served, many returning in "body bags", or maimed for life.
Oath of Office: "I, (President, Supreme Court Justice, Congressperson, Assemblyman, Mayor, City Councilperson, Judge,etc. ), during such times as I hold the office, I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States (the Constitution of the State of California, Maryland, Illinois, etc., etc.), against all enemies foreign (terrorist enemies of the U.S., illegal immigrants, un-American or un-Constitutional anything and everything, etc.) and domestic (treasonous individuals or organizations, any Police Chief who turns a blind eye to the actions of rogue police officers, unethical or criminal elected officials or public servants, illegal aliens or his or her advocates, un-American anything and everything), and that I will bear true faith and allegiance, to the Constitution of the United States , (State Constitution), and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter."
This is reason enough for all elected officials, public servants, etc., etc., to respect the oath of office, our Constitution, etc., etc., but unfortunately far too many elected officials and public servants are not as committed as the many Veterans who have paid the price or made the ultimate sacrifice to make it possible for our way of life here in the U.S., that benefits all U.S. citizens, legal immigrants, and/or many other individuals throughout the planet.