- Posted November 18, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
100 places to eat like a local
- HHR Queen Elizabeth II Visited The Museum of Science+Industry Hall of Communication in 1952, Chicag
- MSI Hospitality Includes A Great Dining Experience at The Brain Food Café
- J.D. GERSHBEIN'S NEW BOOK--THE LINKEDIN EDGE: CREATING A PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE IN SOCIAL BUSINES
- Chicagoween 2013
- CTA Travel Re-Routing For Sunday's Marathon
Chicago's Indoor Garden
A vegetarian paradise thriving with freshly sprouted beans and wheatgrass for a vegan Thanksgiving feast is right in Chicago's Indoor Garden. Try wheatgrass juice for appetizers. Wheatgrass is composed of young sweet green blades of grass--rich in nutritional value with enzymes, proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Chicago's Indoor Garden allows green sprouting grass blades to grow from chickpeas, beans, soy, wheat, and other grains to produce balanced nutrients and antioxidants which are blended into juice full of chlorophyll to be consumed for balanced nutrition.
Natural chlorophyll from green grass sprouting hastens tissue healing and promotes red blood formation, in addition to inhibiting unfriendly bacteria. Wheatgrass juice is a rich source of fresh chlorophyll.
At Chicago's Indoor Garden, organic wheatgrass is nurtered carefully and lovingly on rich, aerated worm-composted soil. Within 7-10 days, these wheat sprouts grow into 6-7 inch green grass blades os sweet juicy wheatgrass.
Juicing the wheatgrass, freshy cut, renders a nonpareil emerald "green drink" which can be an ideal component for a healthy natural program, when used in conjunction with a well-balanced high-fibre nutritional diet.
Wheatgrass juice is gluten-free. For more information about this and other vegan organic foods freshly grown at Chicago's Indoor Garden, call 773-772-5858.
1. Chicago's Indoor Garden Booth at VeganMania
2. Wheatgrass patch from Chicago's Indoor Garden
3. Green grass sprouts display at VeganMania
4. Chicago's Indoor Garden Exhibit at VeganMania
5. A vegan platter of healthy green sprouts
6. Chicago's Indoor Garden Green Sprouts
|This iReport is part of an assignment that we created with Travel + Leisure: 100 places to eat like a local|