- Posted November 21, 2012 by
- The Ak-Chin Indian Community Names Tim Costello as Airport Manager
- Seattle’s Aaron Blank Correctly Predicts First 100-Degree Day in Phoenix; Wins Weekend Stay at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North
- William Warren has been appointed Director of the Arizona Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- W.J. Maloney Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Wraps-Up Work On Muhammad Ali Parkinson Center and Movement Disorders Clinic
- Arizona Association for Economic Development Presents Annual EDDE Awards
Dr. Coral Quiet Named Finalist for Valley Impact Award
The Junior League of Phoenix, Inc., is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. The Junior League of Phoenix reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in, and a commitment to, voluntarism. Dr. Quiet and her fellow 2012 honorees will be recognized for outstanding leadership and contributions to the community at the 6th Annual Valley Impact Luncheon on November 30 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa.
In addition to her work with ABCs and AIBH, Dr. Quiet has been the spokesperson and medical advisor for the American Cancer Society and has served on the advisory boards of numerous institutions including Y-Me Wellness Community and Well Woman Healthcheck Office of Prevention and Health Promotion. She is a member of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, American College of Radiation Oncology, American Brachytherapy Society, and the American Medical Society.