- Posted November 22, 2012 by
- Prime Minister of Pakistan urged to raise Aafia issue in United Nations
- A black day in American judicial history September 23
- The international day of peace – 21st September, 2015 Aafia release necessary for victory of peace: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui
- Mysterious missing: Where is Usman Moazzam, asks Pasban ‘Rangers say Moazzam was handed over to CJK, jailer denies his custody’
- Corrupt rulers of Pakistan are a bigger impediment in release of Aafia than Americans, said Aafia Movement convener Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, addressing a Caravan e Ghairat Aafia release rally in Korangi Town, Karachi
Pakistanis protest for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui release on Thanksgiving Day
Dr. Fowzia said that President seems to be very misinformed on Aafia issue. It is this type of misinformation that has hindered Aafia's Repatriation. Commenting on President Zardari's remarks Regarding Aafia's Repatriation and presidential role, Dr. Fowzia Siddiqui sister of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui said President Zardari is very misinformed on Aafia issue. Who are his advisers she exclaimed? The Govt. of Pak has no lawyers engaged for appeals. Appeal was done by US Govt. paid lawyer who had not even met with Aafia and without our consent. Pak only paid the lawyers who got her convicted. There is no treaty only because Pak Govt. has refused to sign on. It takes between 30 days and 90 days to ratify. Prime Minister Raja Pervaiz did not inform him of Ramsey Clarks advice that Aafia's Repatriation is possible but Pakistan has to ask. They have been given all required information on many occasions over the past 4 years. But it seems nothing was conveyed to the President. However it seems He was not even informed of the US Ambassador's statement regarding Aafia that Pakistan has not formally asked for Aafia, treaties are not always required everything is possible if there is the will. Why is President Zardari so misinformed? We wonder about the advisers he has? If this is the level of misinformation he is getting, no wonder Pak Govt. policies are so poorly managed. Imagine if this level of inaccurate information is used to determine drone targets? No wonder so many innocents die. This is no joke. It is scandalous. President should examine who his advisers and briefers are so he is not made to look so clueless. His response to Aafia situation shows his advisers are doing a poor job of keeping him in touch with the facts of even the actions of his own government. These are the hallmarks of callous or failed states, not national leaders who have any expectations or aspirations of respect in the world. Now it seems clear why he has failed to act. He just doesn't get true facts. Question is who is filtering the truth from the president.