- Posted November 26, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Islam Marks Eid'l Adha, the Feast of Sacrifice
- Filipinos Stage Million People March To Protest Versus Pork Barrel Scam
- Mother & Cat Named Juanita Help Keep Bansil Sisters Survived Jungle Ordeal
- Muslims Pin Hope On Pope Francis To Regain Friendship
- Sulu Sultanate Has New Leader, Sultan Esmail Kiram II
Of Head Gear and Head Turners: Tripoli Conference Delegates Show How
In November 2008, I was in Tripoli, Libya, for an international conference organized by the World Islamic People's Leadership (WIPL), then headed by the late Col. Muammar al-Ghadafi.
The event lasted about three days, with delegates from various Arab, African, and Asian countries participated.
There were also from the Western countries, such as the United States, some from the European Union.
What struck me most was the different forms and makes that the Muslim delegates had on their head, the ubiquitous head gear that immediately identifies a wearer as a Muslim. Although, not all the time.
Not always, because there were Christian religious leaders who attended the event in the second week of November that year.
It can be said that the head gear worn by the Muslim delegates differ from country to country.
Ten of them are shown here. #