- Posted November 26, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Protestas en República Dominicana / Dominican Republic protests
- Dominican Police are intimidating protesters and their families to stop them from protesting
- Leonel Fernandez's supporters for todays meeting called for by PLD Party received fried chicken and DOP$500.00 = US$12.80 for their presence
- See the Difference between For Will & For Money
- PLD party plans a meeting payed for with Dominican Taxpayers money at Parque Independencia
- Justicia Fiscal RD El Hormiguero
Dominican Republic's Attorney General Dominguez Brito avoids investigation requests by activists
Young dominicans asked clear questions on how and why Ex-President Leonel Fernandez should be investigated along with other public officials such as Victor Diaz Rua and Felix Bautista. view the interview here -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhsIjaJjaIA&feature=youtu.be
In this interview he shows bias for the Ex-President Leonel Fernandez and does not give clear reasons as to why he will not investigate him. Dominguez Brito is quickly perceived by dominicans as someone who will not combat corruption from his own political party, the PLD and in turn will favor impunity.
On Monday, November 26th, 2012 hundreds of activists made their plaints to the Attorney General's office requesting the investigation of Ex-President Leonel Fernández, they were soon surrounded by police in order to prevent them from filing their plaints.
Their plaints were downloaded from http://www.descargatureclamo.com/ and filled in by the hundreds of activists that today went to file their plaints.
At first their plaints would not be received, by stating that it was not instrumentated correctly, but after they stayed for two hours, they started receiving the plaints. Although they used arguments, such as that the Attorney General's office was not the proper institution to receive plaints regarding the Ex-President.