- Posted November 30, 2012 by
- Dr Fowzia Siddiqui questions double standards of law and dole out justice to the innocent Aafia
- 30% raise in KE tariff another excess to Karachiites: Pasban
- THE AAFIA MOVEMENT MISSION STATEMENT
- Pasban supports strike call of traders against the withholding tax on bank transactions: Altaf Shakoor
- Nawaz Sharif reminded his promise about Aafia Siddiqui release
Pasban celebrates Palestine victory in United Nation
Pasban President Altaf Shakoor congratulated Mahmud Abbas on the approval of resolution to upgrade the status of the Palestinian Authority to a nonmember observer state at the UN headquarters in New York City. He also praised the heroic struggle of Ismail Haniya for putting a tough resistance against Israeli aggression during the last assault on Gaza.
While addressing a crowd during a victory celebration organized by Pasban outside Karachi Press Club he said Unity leads to victory - Palestine is an example of it. The credit goes to the brave people of Palestine who never gave-up their resistance against Israeli occupation. The credit also goes to the dynamic leadership of Iran, Turkey and Egypt in particular and the world leaders in general.
This is a lesson our politicians never learned in our 65 years of history. Still they are divided on petty issues and even don’t have the courage and ability to unite for the core issues like drones, Aafia and Malala.
He further said a day will come when Palestinians will get full independence with Jerusalem as their capital. A day will come when Palestine will have a right to build its own army to defend its borders.
Shakeel Ahmed President Pasban Karachi chapter said that Pakistani nation always supported the Palestine cause and will do more in future.
Fireworks were also performed and the jubilant youth raised slogans in favor or Palestine. They also praised the world leaders for supporting the genuine cause.