- Posted December 2, 2012 by
- Prayer day: Nation appealed to pray for Aafia release, Dr Fowzia also appeals for special prayers as cyclone Nilofar approaches coastal areas.
- Global civil society decries injustice to Aafia
- Dr Aafia Siddiqui: Concern shown on prison conditions
- Family questions silence of Pakistan Government in Aafia case, No statement attributed to Aafia acceptable till resumption of her communication with family: Dr.Fowzia Siddiqui
- Aafia Movement has nothing to do with violence: Dr Fowzia Siddiqui, Vested interests trying to sabotage Aafia cause by linking it to terrorism
Cynthia McKinney, Sara Flounders, Dr. Fowzia and Altaf Shakoor addressed to a huge crowed in Karachi the Beginning of Free Aafia Week.
Daughters tortured and leaders bowing down to injustice is not the Bhutto legacy - Dr. Fowzia
Aafia lives in the hearts of the people we are committed to her release - Sara Flounders
we have come to Pakistan to urge the Pakistani Leadership to repatriate Aafia – Cynthia McKinney
these were comments that highlighted the Beginning of Free Aafia Week with Honorable Cynthia McKinney and Sara Flounders.
Sentiments were high as a huge rally started its procession from NIPA, thru Sohrab Goth into Baacha Khan Chowk where the women and local leaders address a swarm of thousands of Aafia’s supporters.
During the address Dr. Aafia's sister Dr. Fowzia said that Aafia’s release is as simple as a signature by President or Premier.
Daughters tortured and leaders bowing down to injustice is not the Bhutto legacy. Bhutto stands for justice and women honor and dignity. In an emotional Plea she addressed Bilawal, Benazir Bhutto’s son Bilawal Zardari, if your mother were alive Aafia would not be in jail, she said Aafia is the daughter of Pakistan. Her Freedom is obligatory and a debt on Pakistani leadership. No ifs, ands or buts.
The respected guests Cynthia McKinney a former Congress woman and six terms in the house of representatives and Sara Flounders president of International Action Center (IAC) said that we are amazed at the reception we received, at 4am hundreds of people, women and children can stand in the cold to receive us. Aafia rules the hearts of people. What is wrong with the leaders? When in America we hear about the injustice on Aafia our hearts bleeds and we Protest.
We are here only for Aafia and to urge the urgency of her repatriation. I will talk to anyone anywhere who can help bring her back. It is a grave injustice that needs to be fixed every second is a shame said Ms. McKinney.
The gathering is the 6th of the series of Karwan-e-Ghairat and each one more massive than previous.