- Posted December 3, 2012 by
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Christmas where you live
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
Arrow-Helicopters During Christmas Season
Arrow-helicopters are tiny toys that have small lights. These toys are being slingshot into the air during nighttime. The said toys became popular in the Philippines in 2010. Arrow-helicopters are usually being played in the Philippines during the Christmas season. The toys are usually slingshot up the places where there are several Christmas lights and decors. Such toys fly into the air and appear like tiny flying saucers on places where there are huge Christmas trees and decors. Arrow-helicopters are ‘outdoor toys’, and in the Philippines such toys are popularly used during Christmas season.
The video here was recorded at the Municipal Plaza (people’s park) of Muntinlupa City last night- Dec. 2. Children, teens and adults fire ‘arrow-helicopters’ up in the air to play and add further brightness to the glittering Christmas lights at the City Hall of Muntinlupa City. I was the one who recorded the video. I was able to convince a young man in his 20s to demonstrate how to fly an arrow-helicopter. I think this ‘new tradition’ of sling-shooting arrow-helicopters during the Christmas season is safer than using firecrackers.