- Posted December 9, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Behind the scenes of the artistic history of William Anthony
- Police officer attacks a protestor
- Bonaire's constitutional structure, the self-determination referendum and the list of Non-Self-Governing Territories of the United Nations.
- CALL FOR REFERENDUM IN BONAIRE
- William Anthony, on being the guest of Minister Edwin Abath, talks about music and the Shoco.
WEALTH of BONAIRE
Bonaire is a Caribbean island that since October 10th, 2010 is illegally owned by the Netherlands, and lies in the southern Caribbean near Aruba and Curacao.
Tourism is the main economy of the island, which offers an array of highly-rated scuba diving and snorkeling opportunities in reefs that are ecologically protected by law and only minutes away from the shoreline.
Nature on Bonaire is worth more than $ 100 million annually. That is the outcome of an examination of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam to the economic value of nature on Bonaire.
In the documentary ' The Welfare of Bonaire ' unveils presenter Yvon Jaspers the outcome of this examination.