- Posted December 11, 2012 by
- Author Les Graham Announces Release Of 'Jude's Gentle Giants', A Book About Horses That Teaches Wholesome Family Values
- Patrick Brigham, Mystery Novelist And Author Of ‘Abduction - An Angel Over Rimini’, Chosen As One Of '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'
- The Entertainment Books No Other Person Could Write – 'Waiting For Elizabeth', Final Segment In Series, Released By Author Ben Bryant
- Frances Fuller, Author Of ‘In Borrowed Houses’ Takes First Place In '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading' Book Awards
- Author Daniel P. Douglas' New Sci Fi Release, 'Truth Insurrected: The Saint Mary Project', Centered On UFO Disclosure
Clyde Hoch, Author Of 'Tracks: Memoirs Of A Vietnam Veteran', Chosen As One Of '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading'
“I was thrilled to death about being chosen one of the '50 Great Writers You Should Be Reading' in 2012 because I am not educated; writers are educated. To me it was like proof - you are a real writer.”
The book tells the tale of a young man, from his entry into USMC boot camp in 1965 to becoming a tank commander in Vietnam during the years of the heaviest fighting of the Vietnam War. Hoch describes hitting a large land mine with a tank and of having his tank and crew abandoned on the battle field. He felt he would never return home alive. He talks of day to day life during the 1965 to 1969 time period - what it was like to come home from Vietnam and how he was more content in Vietnam than his own country. If the United States never lost a major battle in Vietnam, how is it possible the US lost the war? The answers to this and much more can be found in Hoch's debut book.
“The last thing I ever expected to do in my life," continued Hoch, "was to write a book. I was mowing my lawn a few years ago. An elderly neighbor stopped by. After he left I thought about what an interesting story he had just told me. ‘When he's gone his story is gone’. I realized everyone has a story. I thought about my military experience. I felt I would put it down on the computer in chapter form as it came to me. As I did this I sent the chapters to people I served with in Vietnam to make certain I had my stories straight. I sent chapters to my daughter Tina Simmons to proofread. She said, 'Dad you have to make this into a book.' If it were not for her it would never have made it to print.”
Clyde Hoch is available for media interviews and can be reached using the information below, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. 'Tracks: Memoirs Of A Vietnam Veteran’ is available at Amazon in soft cover and Kindle versions and at Barnes and Noble. More information is available at Hoch’s website.
About Clyde Hoch:
Clyde Hoch is a Vietnam Veteran. He lectures about Vietnam and attends book signings at high schools, libraries and for veterans groups such as Vietnam Veterans of America, The Lehigh Valley Council for Veterans Affairs, The Pennsylvania Military Museum, The Schwenkfelder Museum and others.
Hoch is currently working on a new book, 'A Tribute to Tankers'. The new book will provide a description of a type of tank and will follow up with stories of men who served in that type of tank in previous conflicts, beginning with WWI and ending with Iraq.