- Posted December 16, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Same-sex marriage hearings: Your thoughts
- What was most important to Tarquin Wilding's Grandmother Elizabeth Taylor
- Behind the scenes at the Hollywood Christmas Parade
- Review of Out of the Furnace with Q&A with Casey Affleck and Scott Cooper
- Panorama shots from the 2013 Los Angeles Auto Show
- AFI Gala screening of Nebraska with A Tribute to Bruce Dern
Out in the Open not a good idea if you're a male actor in Hollywood
It has to do with the oxymoron that the more liberal the community the more conservative they are.
It is perfectly acceptable in Hollywood to be a gay male, as long as you're not openly gay, which is exactly the same standard which existed 60 years ago. Some of the best known character actors, action stars and leading men were very gay and everyone knew they were gay but they weren't openly gay.
Today while it's acceptable to be an openly gay female, that acceptance has not yet met the males in the industry.
This is a documentary from an openly gay male about comiing out and going back in to have to work.