- Posted December 16, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Same-sex marriage hearings: Your thoughts
- Make your smart recording devices replace your dumb devices
- Red carpet hair styles from Kerry Washington stylist Takisha
- Interview with Golden Globes winners for “Birdman” - Alexander Dinelaris and Nicolás Giacobone
- Political correctness rules Hollywood except at Golden Globes after parties
- Sony's Hirai comments at 2015 International CES on the damage that the hacking of "The Interview" did on the people that work for Sony
Out in the Open not a good idea if you're a male actor in Hollywood
It has to do with the oxymoron that the more liberal the community the more conservative they are.
It is perfectly acceptable in Hollywood to be a gay male, as long as you're not openly gay, which is exactly the same standard which existed 60 years ago. Some of the best known character actors, action stars and leading men were very gay and everyone knew they were gay but they weren't openly gay.
Today while it's acceptable to be an openly gay female, that acceptance has not yet met the males in the industry.
This is a documentary from an openly gay male about comiing out and going back in to have to work.