- Posted December 16, 2012 by
Los Angeles, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Newtown school shooting: Thoughts and tributes
- Make your smart recording devices replace your dumb devices
- Red carpet hair styles from Kerry Washington stylist Takisha
- Interview with Golden Globes winners for “Birdman” - Alexander Dinelaris and Nicolás Giacobone
- Political correctness rules Hollywood except at Golden Globes after parties
- Sony's Hirai comments at 2015 International CES on the damage that the hacking of "The Interview" did on the people that work for Sony
Thoughts from one that has been shoot and understands the pain.
I truly understand what the families are going through and what it is like to have bullets tear your body apart. I know unlike feature films that in real life you never truly recover from your injuries. I therefor speak as a expert witness for both sides in the gun control issue.
There is and never has been a need for anyone to own a automatic weapon of any type. There is now and never has been any need own a magazine that holds more then 10 bullets.
I was taught that a gun is not a toy and should never be treated like it was one. That if you could not do what you needed to do to protect yourself or your family in one shot you were better off never firing the gun in the first place.
Guns have one purpose and one purpose only and that is to kill. Since most are not prepared to use the gun for whats its purpose is they should never own a gun.
Will more gun control measures work?. Since the ones on the books are not enforced there is no reason to believe that new laws will be any more effective.
The simplest and easiest way to have gun control is to control the sale of ammunition. Limit how much you can buy and make certain that when you want to buy more you have to bring in your used shells.
The government can easily control ammo sales. You can own all the guns you currently have but are limited to the amount of ammo you can have at any one time.
The second amendment to the constitution says you have the right to bear arms, not the right have unlimited ammunition for them.