- Posted December 21, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Gun control debate: Background checks
- TX State Rep Senfronia Thompson Interview On Rick Perry Vetoing HB 950 (Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act)
- War Hawks Pressuring President Obama Into Syrian Civil War (VIDEO)
- Time To Inconvenience Politicians
- Politicians Will Not Take Risks Unless They Are Forced To
- Coffee Party Radio: Politics Done Right - GOP Budgets, Gays, Race, Guns, & a Pope Sat 12–2PM CST
Wayne LaPierre Wants America To Be An Armed Camp
Updated Blog Post HERE.
Wayne Lapierre gave his first press conference since the gun massacre. It was a bizarre press conference. Mr. Lapierre came out swinging. Neither he nor his group has accepted any responsibility or causality for the killings in the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut. The full text of his speech reads like that of a guilty person deflecting and living in an alternate state of reality.
Immediately after the press conference, former Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele said on MSNBC about the press conference "It was a missed opportunity”.
The cynic in me believes that Mr. Lapierre’s speech is intended to stoke a subliminal message in the psyche of the American citizenry, to further create armed regions, schools, hospitals, grocery stores, etc., and with that increase the gun business at large. In effect, use this tragedy to plant messages that if it pays off, will payoff big with a frightened population looking for protection at all financial or social cost.