- Posted December 23, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
First let me start off by stating this:
“I stand here today, because others cannot or will not; in these halls, common sense must prevail, not over reaching emotions.”
-M. S. SouthWorth, USA Ret. Dec 2012
“The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of these United States are living documents, and shall not be set aside for any reason...It is part of my DNA!!!” –M. S. SouthWorth, USA Ret. Dec 2012
With this a common sense approach should take the forefront of all these discussions. The following is what should be brought forward when dealing with gun debate. I have several weapons, all legally purchased, I also have a concealed weapons permit from two states.
As a responsible American, and prior military service with a family history in this country since the 1620's, we believe in defending all people that stand firm on the principles that this country was founded on. It’s with this in mind that I purpose the following: Don’t call it gun control, but gun safety.
1. No sale of weapons were checks are not conducted
2. Background checks/conceal weapons permit verified with a standard for all states, and carry in all states
3. Gun Safes a must for all gun owners
4. Do not call semi-autos assault weapons, only full automatic weapons should be placed in this category which requires a federal firearms license to posses.
5. Magazines for all rifles need only be twenty rounds; for pistols 10 round capacity, greater than this should fall under the FFL and automatic weapons.
6. Weapons education and training a must for anyone who carries or purchases one.
In closing, my deepest sympathy to all who have suffered loss,
It is tragic for the loss of any life, no matter how small or great we consider them to be. My heart goes out to each of them during this time.