- Posted December 26, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Newtown school shooting: Thoughts and tributes
- President Obama Forget RICH & WHITE Americans FIGHT for Black/Hispanics American NOW
- Connection between the New York Times Op-Ed “Gitmo is Killing Me” and Boston Marathon Terrorist Attack?
- Faith Shaking Moment: US Supreme Court Refusal to Hear My Discrimination Case
- BOYCOTT Trump’s 2013 All Star Celebrity Apprentice
- RACISM: Boehner’s Sequester Position Racial Motivated
Mental Illness Must Be Addressed in Gun Control and Newtown Shooting Debate
Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Newtown CN, like many who have committed mass murder and/or killed themselves may have suffered from mental illness. In many cities and towns in America the mental health needs of people are being ignored and/or not addressed. The woman videotaped in Houston, TX is an example of the need to identify and provide treatment for the mental unstable in this nation.
The Newtown Shooting and the loss precious lives demand that we have effective gun control laws. I believe that any gun control debate must address the improving health care system by addressing the current need for improved mental illness services.