- Posted December 26, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Newtown school shooting: Thoughts and tributes
- Pres Obama's SOTU: Issue Call to Action to Unemployed and Uninsured Denied Coverage by GOP
- President Obama Admit it: State of the Union is Weak Because of Racism and Political Retaliation
- Uncontrollable Joy at OBAMACARE Event in Houston, TX
- Extreme RacismTrayvon Martin Murder and Trial
- Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi Supporters Rally in Houston
Mental Illness Must Be Addressed in Gun Control and Newtown Shooting Debate
Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Newtown CN, like many who have committed mass murder and/or killed themselves may have suffered from mental illness. In many cities and towns in America the mental health needs of people are being ignored and/or not addressed. The woman videotaped in Houston, TX is an example of the need to identify and provide treatment for the mental unstable in this nation.
The Newtown Shooting and the loss precious lives demand that we have effective gun control laws. I believe that any gun control debate must address the improving health care system by addressing the current need for improved mental illness services.