- Posted December 29, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Another horrific gangrape in India: What are we doing wrong?
- The dark side of India’s Kiss of Love protests against moral policing
- Perspectives from India: Why I relate to that catcalling video
- On Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's sexist remark about women
- Protest against the rape of 6-year old in Bangalore
India: Delhi Gang Rape Victim Dies - Protests across India
Hi, I'm recording this because there has been some rather sad news this morning. The victim of the horrific Delhi gang rape, which happened earlier this month, died because of multi-organ failure. Silent protests have been organised in cities across India, and this is indeed a wake-up call to the government to take action against the serious crimes committed against women everyday. This victim, a young girl, of 23 could have been you. It could have been me. It could have been anyone who is near and dear to us. I will keep you updated on further developments from the city of Bangalore. I am now leaving for the silent protest at Town Hall organised by Nehru Bal Sangh.