- Posted December 31, 2012 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
100 places to eat like a local
New Year's Eve Celebration
On New Year's Eve, many people choose to have a special breakfast, lunch or dinner on the last day of the year, December 31st. La Unica Food Mart and Restaurant offers a traditional Cuban-style menu for Nochebuena in Spanish or New Year's Eve. There is Cuban Roast Pork, Rice and Beans, Yuca with Garlicky Mojo Sauce, Sweet Fried Plantains and of course, a beverage called "Materva" derived from the South American "yerba mate".
For other Latin American taste, there is also Mexican, Peruvian, Salvadorean, and Colombian cuisine to celebrate New Year's Eve at La Unica Food Mart and Restaurant.
There is also CNN En Español on the flat screen television while people wait for the New Year's Eve to eat locally or to carry-out.
La Unica Food fanatics swear they dream of the Latin American meals all the way in New York, Florida, and even in New Jersey, before they fly into town and order by telephone for pick-up in person.
1. December 31st is New Year's Eve in town at La Unica Food Mart and Restaurant.
2. Traditional Cuban-style New Year's Eve meal.
3. A New York Cuban picks up La Unica's Nochebuena meal to go.
4. A Catholic retired priest and a friend share a Latin American New Year's lunch at La Unica.
5. Even CNN en Español plays for La Unica Food fans.
Happy New Year's Eve and A Prosperous New Year 2013! Feliz Año Nuevo 2013 at La Unica Food Mart and Restaurant!
|This iReport is part of an assignment that we created with Travel + Leisure: 100 places to eat like a local|