It stands for Face drooping Arm weakness, Speech difficulty, Time to call 911. 85% of strokes are caused by blood clots. TPA can be administered within 4 hours of the onset of the stroke and reverse almost all the damage. The other 15% of strokes are caused by hemorrhages. These are not easily treated. Strokes don't get better with time. Call 911 if you suspect a stroke. Don't let the stroke victim drive as it could get worse before you can get to the ER.
Strokes don't just occur in the old or pregnant.
What do you think of this story?
Select one of the options below. Your feedback will help tell CNN producers what to do with this iReport. If you'd like, you can explain your choice in the comments below.
Be and editor! Choose an option below: