- Posted January 1, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- A Summer French Immersion at Laval University Ville de Québec Canada
- Artists of the Wall Festival: 20th Anniversary
- Metra Service Alert - 06/12/2013 11:06 AM - System Wide - Weather Advisory
- My First Car: Ford Mustang Hatchback Premium Coupe Sky Blue
- LINKEDIN TOWN HALL MEETING AT THE HAROLD WASHINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Winter Weather Preparedness
Stock up on emergency supplies for communication, food, safety, heating, and car in case a storm hits.
Make sure you have at least one of the following in case there is a power failure:
Battery-powered radio (for listening to local emergency instructions). Have extra batteries.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) weather radio receiver (for listening to National Weather Service broadcasts).
Learn more about NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards
Find out how your community warns the public about severe weather:
Listen to emergency broadcasts.
Know what winter storm warning terms mean:
Winter Weather Advisory: Expect winter weather conditions to cause inconvenience and hazards.
Frost/Freeze Warning: Expect below-freezing temperatures.
Winter Storm Watch: Be alert; a storm is likely.
Winter Storm Warning: Take action; the storm is in or entering the area.
Blizzard Warning: Seek refuge immediately! Snow and strong winds, near-zero visibility, deep snow drifts, and life-threatening wind chill.