- Posted January 2, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- All Russia's Fault? Ukraine Is Not A Democracy Unless U.S. Says It's A 'Democracy'
- Bank of America Agrees to Sweetheart Settlement with US Department of Justice
- Ironically, The World’s Most Repressive Regimes Delight In U.S. Crack Down In Ferguson- Urge Restraint
- What a Stupid Excuse For Arresting Reporters-Managing the Media's Images in Ferguson, Egypt, and Occupy Wall Street
- So. "Mike Brown 'Bum Rushed' A Cop With A Drawn Automatic Weapon", Say Wilson Supporters?
Who Says Our Vote Doesn't Matter?
Who says our vote doesn't matter? Who says we can't make a difference?
There are over 27 million young voters in the United States today.
Why do politicians ignore us?
Most of the issues and policies today, directly affect you.
We fight overseas. We suffer education cuts.
Our say, should matter!
It's time for our generation to stand up.
To have a say in the future.
Closing the curtain, opens the door so get out there...
Each election matters. Each vote matters.
There are more elections to come.
The House remains in the hands of those that don't believe in government.
That needs to change.
When our Representatives are more worried about what Wall Street and the "Market" would do if they didn"t come to a deal on the Fiscal Cliff than what their constituents wanted, it's time for us to change that.
Our vote should put the fear of "We the People" in our Congress.
There's much more we need to do.
When Congress and our President talk of cutting Social Security, raising the age of retirement, cutting Medicare, before they say one word about cutting military spending on foolish wars, it's time to call them out for their incompetence. It's time for peace and prosperity.
This video was produced by my daughter, Kara Olney, a senior at Oneonta State University in NY.
It is released with her permission.
To find ways you can continue to fight for our future and take back our government from those that don't care to fund Hurricane Sandy victims or America's millions of "still unemployed".
The answer to: "Who says our vote doesn't matter" ( especially after they've gotten it)?
But boy do they listen to Wall Street and the banks. We need to change that.