- Posted January 2, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Zoom! Pow! New Police Action Figures Come Equipped With a Patrol Car to Apprehend Criminals
- Rubio says, "I'm Young, She's Old; You Should Vote for Me". A 'Fresh Face' with Old Ideas Presented in a 'New' Way
- Obama Caves and says, "OK. Congress (the Military Industrial Complex and Israel's Lobbyists) Can 'Weigh In' On US-Iran Peace Deal
- OMG! CNN's New Website Design Loads Sooo Slooooowly!
- The Majority of Americans Now Support 'Boots on the Ground' to Fight ISIS as a Result of 'Stagecrafting and Statecrafting'
Who Says Our Vote Doesn't Matter?
Who says our vote doesn't matter? Who says we can't make a difference?
There are over 27 million young voters in the United States today.
Why do politicians ignore us?
Most of the issues and policies today, directly affect you.
We fight overseas. We suffer education cuts.
Our say, should matter!
It's time for our generation to stand up.
To have a say in the future.
Closing the curtain, opens the door so get out there...
Each election matters. Each vote matters.
There are more elections to come.
The House remains in the hands of those that don't believe in government.
That needs to change.
When our Representatives are more worried about what Wall Street and the "Market" would do if they didn"t come to a deal on the Fiscal Cliff than what their constituents wanted, it's time for us to change that.
Our vote should put the fear of "We the People" in our Congress.
There's much more we need to do.
When Congress and our President talk of cutting Social Security, raising the age of retirement, cutting Medicare, before they say one word about cutting military spending on foolish wars, it's time to call them out for their incompetence. It's time for peace and prosperity.
This video was produced by my daughter, Kara Olney, a senior at Oneonta State University in NY.
It is released with her permission.
To find ways you can continue to fight for our future and take back our government from those that don't care to fund Hurricane Sandy victims or America's millions of "still unemployed".
The answer to: "Who says our vote doesn't matter" ( especially after they've gotten it)?
But boy do they listen to Wall Street and the banks. We need to change that.