- Posted January 6, 2013 by
- The Challenge: Making a Business Case for Social Customer Service
- Social Customer Service—A New Breed of Consumer is Emerging
- KEYNOTE: Obtain a Higher ROI On PR & Marketing Initiatives : Competitive Engagement Reports
- Demystifying the ROI of Social Media
- Take Action with Marketing: Join the #MktgActionChat
OODA Loop and How to Use Social Media For Business (Part 11)
Social Media for Customer Service affects Product Development. There is also a behind-the-scenes benefit to product development from using social media for customer service. Because of the “always-on” state of customer service, the Customer Service staff are often the first ones to hear questions from customers like, “I wish the product only did this” or, “Why doesn’t the product do this?”
If product development team leveraged Customer Service staff and social media data to track these comments—the product development team could create new functionality and even develop a new product that customers really want and are ready to buy. Talk about being proactive to your customer’s request— now, this is customer responsiveness! Imagine a customer tweeting that your company fixed a problem or created a product based on their request! Imagine how many more products you’d sell if you created products your customer’s actually asked for.
Conclusion? Force Multiplier #6: Create extraordinary customer responsiveness, build products based upon customer request tracking through customer service, create positive brand image via product development.