- Posted January 6, 2013 by
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
On Educating Today’s Children About the Evils of Sex-Crimes and How They Can Protect Themselves from Such Sex-Crimes
- Jareen, CNN iReport producer
The recent gang-rape in India has sparked outrage not only in that country but everywhere in the world. Rape is a crime being perpetrated against both men and women. Though I agree that strong penalties should be given to sex-offenders, people all over the world have to be educated about upholding gender-equality, protecting human rights and respecting the individuality of each human person.
Education should become an instrument in enlightening people about women’s rights and on how to protect one’s self from would-be sex-offenders or sex-crimes. There is a strong need for people all over the world to be educated thoroughly about gender equality, respecting the individual’s basic human rights and protecting themselves from sex-crimes.
I think today’s children should be properly educated about the evils of incest, rape and other sex-crimes. Children should be educated about gender-equality and human rights. In such a way, the next generation will see fewer sex-crimes or can effectively curtail sex-crimes. Schools have to systematically teach students on how to protect themselves from sex-crimes.