- Posted January 8, 2013 by
WHEF 2013 @ Bangkok Strengthening Economy, Shaping Future
• The Hindu world forms 1/6th of the 7 billion global population.
• From 1st to 15th century Hindu contribution was more than 35% of world GDP.
• The mission of WHEF is to restore prosperity to the Hindu world which represents 1/6th of Humanity. Thereby contributing to global prosperity and peace.
• The contribution of the Hindu world through the ages have benefited humanity in so many ways: Be it the invention of ‘Zero’ to Vedic knowledge to scientific inventions to spiritual & cultural contributions.
• WHEF 2013 in Bangkok will be a timely and much needed conference thereby connecting the booming economies of Asean (SE Asia) to India and providing the much needed platform for Hindu traders, bankers, technocrats, investors, industrialists, businessmen, professionals, economists and thinkers.
WHEF 2013 Bangkok, which will be held on 10 – 11 August 2013, will hold extended discussions on the immediate and long-term goals in the context of the needs of the global economy. It will resolve to set up an institutional framework with its cross-continental footprint which will provide market intelligence to people interested in furthering the goals of the forum. Such a framework will also facilitate a network of millions of existing and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Hong Kong was chosen as the venue for the first meeting last year in 2012 because of its international business location. Bangkok is chosen for the second meeting in 2013 for its locality in the Asean as well as convenient access from India and around the world. The committee members said that Bangkok is a very friendly place and that Thai people are extremely hospitable with international facilities especially in hosting global conferences.
WHEF 2013 Bangkok’s illustrious speakers and panelists include Padma Vibhushan – Former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission of India, Dr. Anil Kokodkar – Former Chairman of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Shri Alfred Ford – Ford Motor USA, Prof. R Vaidyanathan – Prof. of Finance at Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Dr. Gautam Sen – London School of Economics & Politics, Shri Subhash Thakrar – Chairman of London Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Shri Alpesh Patel – Oxford UK.
On January 5th Mr. Anil Wadhwa, the Indian Ambassador to Thailand honored WHEF by joining the dinner reception to announce the World Hindu Economic Forum 2013 at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridian Hotel where the event was well attended by numerous local businessmen from the Hindu and Thai communities. He began by saying that he was the least qualified among the speakers on the subject of the Hindu Economic Forum as he was there to learn more about this novel idea of bringing the Hindu business community to this platform. He continued to elaborate on the milestone achievements of 2012 where the bilateral ties between India-Thailand and Asean-India culminated in the Asean-India summit in New Delhi on 21 December 2012. He spoke about increased trade, connectivity between the region and India and the solid momentum 2012 brought to these ties.
Shri Swami Vigyananand, who peioneered the World Hindu Economic Forum stated that it was in fact the brainchild of Joint General Secretary, Vishwa Hindu Parishad from India. In his address to the audience on Saturday he gave the example of the Jewish people whose population is around 13 million world wide and yet they contribute enormously to the global economy and politics. He believes that the resurgence of the Hindu population economically will be beneficial for the whole of humanity.
The introduction dinner reception was held at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridian Hotel where guests were honored by several participating delegates such as H.E. Anil Wadhwa, Ambassador of India, Thailand.
WHEF Hong Kong 2012 was attended by over 250 prominent business persons, industrialists, economists, bankers, international traders and business association leaders from Europe, Asia, Africa, and Pacific region.