- Posted January 9, 2013 by
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Impact Your World
- Bonaire's constitutional structure, the self-determination referendum and the list of Non-Self-Governing Territories of the United Nations.
- CALL FOR REFERENDUM IN BONAIRE
- William Anthony, on being the guest of Minister Edwin Abath, talks about music and the Shoco.
- Cedric Soleano has been lynched
- WEALTH of BONAIRE
Preserving Bonaire's traditions, folklore and culture.
As since October 10th, 2010 the island Bonaire has been integrated in the Dutch Constitution without holding a self-determination referendum, the inhabitants are afraid of losing their cultural identity and the character of the island. A well known tradition is the Mascarade. Celebrating in the first week after the New Year's Day the beginning of the year.