- Posted January 9, 2013 by
Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Impact Your World
- Behind the scenes of the artistic history of William Anthony
- Police officer attacks a protestor
- Bonaire's constitutional structure, the self-determination referendum and the list of Non-Self-Governing Territories of the United Nations.
- CALL FOR REFERENDUM IN BONAIRE
- William Anthony, on being the guest of Minister Edwin Abath, talks about music and the Shoco.
Preserving Bonaire's traditions, folklore and culture.
As since October 10th, 2010 the island Bonaire has been integrated in the Dutch Constitution without holding a self-determination referendum, the inhabitants are afraid of losing their cultural identity and the character of the island. A well known tradition is the Mascarade. Celebrating in the first week after the New Year's Day the beginning of the year.