- Posted January 10, 2013 by
Village of Lombard, Illinois
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Saint Patrick's Day is Coming Early This Year
- The Crystal Gardens at Navy Pier Host Neighborhoods of the World by Lake Michigan in Illinois
- Happy 177th Birthday Anniversary Chicago, on Tuesday, March 4th, 2014!
- HHR Queen Elizabeth II Visited The Museum of Science+Industry Hall of Communication in 1952, Chicag
- MSI Hospitality Includes A Great Dining Experience at The Brain Food Café
2013 Centennial Historic Anniversary For The Lombard Fire Department
On January 3rd, the Lombard Fire Department begins a year-long celebration for 100 years of service to the Lombard community in DuPage County, Illinois during 2013.
During the month of January 2013, the contents of a time capsule, buried in front of the Lombard Fire Station No.1, twenty-five (25) years ago, will be disclosed. The Lombard Fire Department time capsule was unearthed on October 25, 2012 by the staff who dug up the historic log during the unseasonably warm weather, instead of dealing with the frozen ground in January 2013.
After unveiling the historic contents of the 25-year-old time capsule, the Lombard Fire Department will hide a new time capsule in a wall of the training room at Fire Station No.1. This event kicks off the annual centennial celebration and commemorates the actual date when the first meeting of the Fire Department took place in the Village of Lombard.
The 2013 Village of Lombard vehicle stickers will display the Fire Department anniversary badge, bearing the dates 1913-2013, commemorating the centennial of the fire department public service.
A horse-drawn wagon (to replicate the antique fire truck) will represent the Centennial in the Lilac Parade.
Photo 1: Lombard Fire Department Station One
Photo 2: West on St. Charles Road, the Lombard Fire Department displays a red Centennial Anniversary Banner 1913-2013
Photo 3: Village of Lombard Fire Department Station