- Posted January 11, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
- Still Not Lovin' It - McDonald's Profits Fall for Seventh Straight Quarter-The 'Golden Rule' May Help the Golden Arches
- The "White Flag of Surrender" is the Only Confederate Flag that Should Matter- Years of Continued Racism in America
- Main Stream Media Defends GOP Hopefuls from Trump - Exposing the Two Party System for What It Is- Corrupt and Bought
Jobs? Americans Are On Hold With A Recording
Weren't we transitioning to a service based society from a manufacturing based society? Wasn't that their plan for all of us.
Well, we've transitioned.
Press "one" if you really meant to make this call., press two if you seriously thought you were going to get some help.
Corporations have refined the "service based society" further than any of us had imagined.
Now, machines have taken over the jobs of people.
I could understand that if we all were independently rich and didn't need to work to make a living.
I could understand machines taking over the roles of a qualified customer service representative if Artificial Intelligence had truly been perfected.
I could understand the need for automated recordings if we were at full employment in the United States.
But none of this is true.
Corporations are so short sighted- not to mention cheap.
They think they're saving a buck by not having to pay real live people to do the job of a machine.
But...does the machine do it?
Have you ever called a company with a question only to reach company's recorded message?
Have you ever wanted to reach through the line to strangle the jerk who made the decision to replace the good old receptionist?
We all see corporations short changing customers with less than stellar service because they think they're saving money. But are they?
A machine can't make a sale. A machine can't buy that company's product or service with the pay they received from answering the phone.
Actually, corporate America is pretty stupid.
With so many Americans out of work, you'd think that corporate America would double check their math to see where they're making a huge mistake.
Stop putting us on hold.