- Posted January 13, 2013 by
Johannesburg, South Africa
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your photos from 'Inside Africa'
My Favourite Books About Africa:
Some of my favourite stories from an unknown and misunderstood continent.
· Around Africa On My Bicycle – By Riaan Manser
· The Elephant Whisperer - By Lawrence Anthony & Graham Spence
· Mukiwa: A White Boy In Africa – By Peter Godwin
· Playing the Enemy: Nelson Mandela and the Game That Made a Nation (Also know as Invictus) – By John Carlin
· Last Of The Free – By Gareth Patterson
· The Last Rhinos – By Lawrence Anthony & Graham Spence
· Fiela's Child - By Dalene Matthee
· Circles In A Forest - By Dalene Matthee
· Jock of the Bushveld- By Sir James Percy Fitzpatrick.
· Long Way Down - By Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman
· Don’t Run What Ever You Do - By Peter Allison
With the exception of the Dalene Matthee’s books all of the above are true stories, however Dalene Matthee is a historical writer so although the charters aren’t real their way of lives are real.
I was going to divide these into “human” and “wildlife” categories but then I realized that they are far too interconnected. For example ‘The Last Rhinos’ is as much about peace talks with Joseph Kony and the LRA as it is about rhinos!