- Posted January 15, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Another horrific gangrape in India: What are we doing wrong?
- The dark side of India’s Kiss of Love protests against moral policing
- Perspectives from India: Why I relate to that catcalling video
- On Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella's sexist remark about women
- Protest against the rape of 6-year old in Bangalore
Indian Men 'Skirt' the Issue of Sexual Violence in India
It seems that a large number of people are caught between ideas of regressive conservatism, and aggressive feminism. Unfortunately, the solution to sexual violence cannot be found in radical ideology. On this note, it was refreshing to see a number of men coming forward to fight for women's rights and discuss gender issues here in India. The 'Skirt the Issue' protest was light-hearted, yet carried a powerful message about gender stereotypes.