- Posted January 16, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Raising Children in the Fear of God.
1. The world could not have existed without God. Would it not seem pompous of mankind to to assume that a complex life, whether as an amoeba or a human being, could have just appeared from nothing. Is it not presumptious of us to think that we are our own masters? And that the intelligence of mankind owes nothing to God?
2. God is a real Being. He is almighty and blameless. He is always Good. There is nothing evil in God. Evil is from the devil who is the father of lies. God is above good and evil. God created the world as the bible teaches us. He cannot be evil, otherwise how can He judge the world?
3. Our lives, our being, our existence come from God. He is our very life. God watches us from afar as well as nearby for how we have been relating to Him. Life is a Test of our love for God. For it is appointed to man to die once and then face judgement.
4. The notion of the existence of Evil requires that there is such a thing as Good. If so there will be a rule that divides between evil and good. And that rule should originate from a Rule Maker, whom atheists want to disprove His existence.
5. God's laws are designed to protect mankind from harming ourselves. In fact, there is peace and liberty when we obey God's laws such as "to do unto others what you would have them do to you."
6. God owes no man an explanation of this world.He is high and lofty, slow to anger and abounding in Love. It is His prerogative to create this world, command Man to subdue the environment and live a life to glorify Him. He is patient with us for our inability to grasp His existence. But today with the gospel of salvation for man, the testimony says: That God has given man eternal life. And this life is in His Son Jesus Christ. Whoever has the Son, has enternal life. Whoever does not have the Son, does not have eternal life.
6. It is true that the world has rejected God for who He is. But that does not mean that there is no God.
7. Science is knowledge given and created by God. Many top scientists are believers, so are many who are non-believers. For a start, who can explain why and how can our sun continue to burn? How can anyone create a single cell? How does a child form in its mother's womb? Science is faith working with its cousin called "inference". It is ironical that we have faith listening to the voice of the person at the other end of the telephone call as someone we know, without even seeing the person's face. If we can accept such a basic thing, why can't we accept the goodness and existence of God?
8. I therefore raise my children in the knowledge and fear of God because it is illogical to ever believe that God doesn't exist.