- Posted January 16, 2013 by
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Lance Armstrong speaks out
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
The Advocacy of Livestrong Foundation should Go On
- nsaidi, CNN iReport producer
Though Lance Armstrong may have been guilty of doping in certain cycling competitions, it can’t be denied that his foundation called as the Livestrong Foundation has helped so many cancer patients in the United States and from other parts of the world. The advocacy of such a foundation is now much bigger than the doping scandal that Lance Armstrong is currently facing, so to speak. Lance Armstrong is himself a cancer survivor and the Livestrong Foundation has certainly inspired and helped many cancer patients in the US and all over the world to recover and be cancer survivors themselves. The Livestrong Foundation has somehow become a guiding light and a strong support group for cancer patients from all over the world. It’s only proper that the advocacy of such group and the group itself would go on to help the cancer patients of this planet. The foundation has a noble cause to pursue. The foundation should go on!
My cousin who is now living in the US sent me a Livestrong wristband last year. I wear it from time to time in order to show my support for the Livestrong Foundation’s noble cause of helping cancer patients to survive. Would I still wear it even if its founder Lance Armstrong has confessed on using performance-enhancing drugs to win in cycling competitions? My answer is ‘yes’. I would still wear the Livestrong wristband because such wristband represents the noble cause that the Livestrong Foundation is pursuing. The advocacy of Livestrong Foundation to help cancer patients recover and become cancer survivors is certainly a good and noble cause in this world of ours. Even if its founder would later be found to be guilty of doping, the advocacy of Livestrong Foundation has now become a ray of hope for all of the world’s cancer patients.