- Posted January 16, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Gun control debate: Background checks
A FULL SOLUTION to the gun control debate.
Allow people to own, possess, and use guns of ANY type, whether they be assault weapon or not, without restrictions on use, under the following circumstances ONLY:
- Require that all gun purchases be reported, and that all guns be properly registered at the time of initial purchase or transfer to another party.
- Allow people to use weapons on their own private property.
- Allow people to use weapons on the private property of any accredited firing range.
- Allow people to use weapons on any clearly defined hunting property.
- Allow people to transport guns in any vehicle as long as the guns are securely locked in an approved container in the trunk or cargo area of the vehicle.
- OTHERWISE, the use or mere possession of any weapon under any circumstance other than what is allowed above will result in arrest and jury prosecution punishable by a very serious prison term (which is the only issue open for debate as far as I'm concerned) with no parole or exceptions.