- Posted January 18, 2013 by
Des Moines, Iowa
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Obama’s next four years
Create better Neighborhoods
1) For example, do Newton’s 3 Laws of physics govern emotions; therefore affect human behavior? You be the judge.
a) For every action, there are like but opposite reaction.
b) Momentum. Where something in motion stays in motion. And where something at rest stays at rest.
c) F=MA F=force M=mass A=acceleration.
It seems if you give someone a big smile or let someone in front of you in traffic (actions); it will usually be met with a nice smile or a wave (reactions).
There are hate emotions and there is Goodwill. Emotions seem to be between individuals, nations, or groups of people. Can M=population involved and A=change in emotions? These changes may be from hate to goodwill and vice versus. Then lastly we have momentum. Does it seem some neighborhoods or towns are meaner or more aggressive than others. This may be explained by momentum affects. How can we change the sheer hate momentum to that of goodwill? It will take lots of goodwill energy.
As a side note though, I believe part of the problem of bullying and gangs may be due to the excess caffeine our youth consume in those energy drinks. These may be contributing to more aggression among our youth. Thus this excess goodwill will have no affect unless they reduce this caffeine in those energy drinks.
2) I believe hate is like a cancer; it can metastasize even distant cells. You have no idea where it will show up. This may explain how this cancer of hate spreads without any given pattern. In order to prevent this cancer from spreading even more, you must have healthy cells. You must reach people way before this cancer "infects" even more.
3) Can our understanding of how the DNA gets an on switch that causes cancer to happen as the DNA unravels in time? Can we utilize this knowledge of how extreme hate occurs after a few generations later? For example, has our war on drugs created a multiple generation of parent(s) or grandparent(s) sitting in jail? That has affected today's youth to a life of gangs and drugs, as well. We must somehow break this cycle. It is going to take turning that on switch to an off switch to prevent future extreme hate a few generations later. In addition to this, you must keep healthy cells healthy to prevent this cancer of hate to spread even more, both now and into the future. This may include new political, economic and social programs to deal with this. The following may be new ideas to reach our youth.
4) Can cities buy or contract with companies, to drive new RVs that house weatherproof large screens HDs? They would show "life changing" movies, advertisements and PAs. The PAs may include showing new jobs training opportunities in their neighborhoods. They could show the many jobs available for those who finish the training. Advertisements could help fund these mobile large screens RVs and the movies they show. These RVs could be driven to where these youth "hang out". It could include the neighborhood parks.
Can they install HDs at other places these youth hang out, like major bus stations and malls, showing new economic opportunities and training that are on the way if they simply sign up?
5) Can they utilize other medias to reach our youth who are looking for work? It would include text messages, facebook, e-mails, as well as their phones. They would sign up at stands set up next to these RVs. They could also sign up at the malls and bus stations, by simply scanning a bar code with their smart phones, for future economic opportunities and training. Periodically, a survey would ask, "Are you still looking for work" through these medias. Then it would continue showing the many new jobs opportunities and training being organized by way of these medias.
I believe we must get creative to reach our youth by way of medias mentioned above. We must continue communication of these youth until they get the jobs retraining and the employment they need. These ideas may help bring new hope to our disenfranchised youth and reduce the social problems, all at the same time.
You must promote goodwill to prevent this cancer of hate and gangs to spread even more; according to Newton's 3 laws of physics and to cancer care. This is how our policy should be toward the youth of our inner cities, in my opinion, that I believe will have the desired results.