- Posted January 18, 2013 by
- DrugFreeAZ.org Announces Five New Community Alliance Members
- Phoenix’s Premier Amphitheatre Renamed Ak-Chin Pavilion
- North Central Resident Susan Brichler Trujillo Re-Appointed to Community Legal Services Board of Directors
- Resolute Commercial Services Announces Nicole Manos as Senior Managing Director
- Thatcher Subway Earns Statewide “Store of the Month” Honor
Fisher & Phillips to Host Wage and Hour Breakfast Briefing
The briefing, which will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Sheraton Phoenix located at 340 North Third Street in Phoenix and will include breakfast and all take away materials, is designed to prepare business owners, human resource managers, supervisors, team leaders, and entrepreneurs for employment law changes and challenges they may face this year. Issues addressed will include strategies to protect businesses from wage and hour liabilities.
Other issues to be discussed include:
• Overtime exemption rules
• Updates to Arizona wage and hour laws
• Minimum wage employees
• Time and one-half pay
• Wage benefits
• Child/youth employment laws
• And various other employment laws
“Wage and hour cases have historically not been an issue in Arizona,” said Shayna Balch, senior associate at Fisher &Phillip. “However, with the recent increase in cases over the past few years, it is important businesses take precaution when it comes to their employees”.
The cost for attendees starts at $55 per person, and a discounted rate of $45 is available for all Valley of the Sun Human Resources Association members. Seats are limited and advance registration is required.
To register, please visit www.laborlawyers.com.