- Posted January 21, 2013 by
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 2
- The Philippines held Automated Midterm Elections this Year 2013 -- Part 1
- This Year's Automated Midterm Elections in the Philippines
- My Message To All The Girls And Women Who Are Aspiring And Striving To Get Education Right Now
- Education Would Give A Girl Or A Woman The Opportunity To Have A Stable Career And An Assurance Of Economic Well-Being In The Near Future
About the Recent Hostage-Taking Incident in Algeria
The recent hostage-taking crisis that took place in Algeria has proved to the world that the Al Qaeda is still a force to reckon with in the Middle East region. It has also shown that though the Arab Spring Movement has somehow changed the political landscape in the said region, religious extremists or radical Islamists are threatening the democratization and modernization processes that are taking place in the Middle East. The international community should help the region ward off religious extremism and intolerance.
Migrant workers in the Middle East often complain that their human rights and civil liberties are often violated by employers. Some migrant workers there were even recruited by human traffickers. The recent hostage-situation in Algeria has shown to the world that migrant workers in the Middle East and North Africa can become easy prey of terrorist groups. Radical Islamists in the region are now targeting migrant workers for their terrorist plots. All governments in the region should beef up security for migrant workers and foreign entrepreneurs. Foreign entrepreneurs and migrant workers are contributing a lot to the development, modernization and progress in the said region. Such foreign entrepreneurs and migrant workers should be protected by all national governments in the region from terrorist attacks.
I believe that there should be a Global Charter for Migrant Workers’ Rights. Such a charter should be recognized and secured by all governments in the world. Every government in the world should recognize and uphold the rights of all migrant workers.