- Posted January 22, 2013 by
San Diego, California
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Evenings in America
Expect Summer-like Weather in San Diego
Records set as warm weather continues in San Diego. Southern California recorded a high of 80, breaking by three degrees a record set in 1976.
Photos from a long walk along the downtown waterfront, Seaport Village and Embarcadero via my Android Note II.
1. People sunbathing at the Embarcadero.
2. HMS Surprise on the San Diego Bay. A ship seen in the movie, Master and Commander. The USS Carl Vinson is in the background.
3. Along the waterfront.
4. People lining up for ice cream
5. Seaport Village
6. Midway floating museum and to the left the space where the large KISS statue was removed to soon be replaced with a bronze version.
7. Flying kites along the embarcadero.
8. Shedding the Cloak - This statue is a beacon of light honoring the dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. that with perseverance and hope the human spirit can break the web of ignorance, hatred and injustice. Statue is located at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Promenade.
9. Along the Martin Luther King, Jr. Promenade.
10. Fresh coconut water and salad rolls from Saffron. The perfect picnic along the bay.
This is a beautiful time to visit San Diego.