- Posted January 28, 2013 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Who taught you to love food?
How to Prepare a Delicious Bowl of Hunter Stew
If find yourself out on a camping trip with your colleagues or family and you are thinking of a tasty dish which can be suitable for a one cold night in the wilderness, you can try preparing a delicious bowl of hunter stew you can either hut and gather all the ingredients you need for you delicious bowl of hunter stew, just like the hunters used to do or alternatively when you are on a camping trip, you can bring all the necessary ingredients for preparing the hunter stew with you. Maybe you only have a limited time in preparing the hunter stew. If that is the case you will be able to save time by preparing the hunter stew in advance.
One way is by using canned soup as your base. You can use canned soup such as the Progresso vegetable soup which is available in most leading supermarkets. This canned soup can certainly make a great soup base which you can manipulate while cooking.
You can also add your choice of ingredients and of course a bit of love and tender care so that your hunter stew will taste as if it were home-made. If you like, you can also prepare all the individual ingredients which need to be cleaned and chopped, ground or turn into smaller pieces at home before you proceed with your camping event. You can put the said ingredients in a Ziploc bag to keep them fresh. When you are about to cook it off, you can put out all the ingredients from the Ziploc bag.
Now, let us proceed on how to prepare a delicious bowl of hunter stew.
First you need to prepare the following ingredients such as:
• one can of Progresso vegetable soup,
• one can of vegetable stock,
• one large carrot which is sliced into coin shape pieces,
• one large potato cut into dice like cubes,
• one large onion chopped,
• one stick celery chopped
• one pound of stewing meat. (this can be any meat of your choice, chicken, beef, veal or pork)
Then the cooking procedure in your Dutch oven:
• first you need to brown the stewing meat which is cut into cubes.
• second you can add the vegetables and sauté them until they are tender and crisp.
• third you can now add soup and stock.
• fourth add the bay leaf.
• fifth, let it simmer for about an hour.
• sixth, in order to thicken it, you can add a teaspoon of tapioca.
After you have accomplished all of these you can serve the delicious bowl of hunter stew to your colleagues or family.