- Posted January 28, 2013 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Abuse. Who's to Blame? The NFL, Rice and Peterson? Yes, But So Are the 'Misogynist Colleagues In Congress' and Religion
- Yahoo's E-Mail Isn't Working. Ad Revenue Is Down. Coincidence, Marissa Mayer?
- Stereotypes? Why Do Solo Mustaches & Goatees Have Such a Bad Reputation?
- America's Allies Are Funding ISIS, ISIL or IS, or Whatever You Want To Call Them
- Obama Says Inversion Is Wrong Even If It's Legal, But Drones Strikes are Legal Even If Amnesty International Says They're Wrong
Overreaching, Meandering Democrats Have No Strategic Plan- An Opening for the GOP in 2014
There's a lot of talk about whether Republicans will continue to be relevant when they allow the Tea Party to dictate policy that's backward rather than forward thinking.
My question to Democrats is:
"Will you be relevant over the next two years".
Progressives have seen this show before. Democrats get a little power and squander the use of it on a fruit basket of non-cohesive policy changes that together don't amount to much.
Change? Yes, but meaningful? Well thought out? Comprehensive?
The Democratic Party's Over Reach will be their undoing in upcoming elections.
Stupid policy changes like asking for background checks on people buying ammo for their .22 rifle every time will not keep another Newtown from happening.
Knee jerk reactions always indicate someone hasn't thought through the challenge.
Governor Andrew Cuomo, with his over reach on gun control in NY has opened the door for a GOP challenger.
Ammo background checks? Seriously, Governor?
Did and do those who propose this type of solution have the public's safety in mind or their next move up the political ladder?
You're blowing it again, Democrats.
Reasonable gun laws will be accepted by the American people.
But as we can see, the pendulum always swings too far.